The Dressmaker has topped the Australian box office opening with a sweet $3.2 million. In second was The Martian continuing to dominate taking in $1.6 million. In third was Bridge of Spies taking in $1.3 million. In fourth was The Last Witch Hunter bombing in its opening weekend taking in $1.1 million. Rounding out the top 5 was Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimensions taking in $0.7 million.
- The Dressmaker- $3.2 million.
- The Martian- $1.6 million.
- Bridge of Spies- $1.3 million.
- The Last Witch Hunter- $1.1 million.
- Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimensions- $0.7 million.